The Kaivarta Stambha in the Dibar (দিবর/Dibor) Dighi (pond).
Dibar Dighi (Bengali: দিবর দিঘী) is a pond in Patnitala Upazila, Naogaon District, Bangladesh.
Dibar Dighi and the Kaivarta Stambha is located in a remote village on the northern side of Nazipur-Sapahar highway in Patnitala Upazila of Naogaon District. The dighi was excavated in the centre of an elevated mound measuring about 100 acres covering an area of 20 acres of land. The octagonal granite pillar known as Kaivarta Stambha stands in the centre of the tank. The apex of the pillar is crown shaped decorated with three inflated circular rings.
Sir Buchanon Hamilton visited the site in 1807-08 and measured the height of the pillar as 10.33 metres. Sir Alexandar Cunninghum visited the site in 1879-80 and reported the pillar’s height as 9.14 metres. According to his report, the length of this pillar’s underground portion was 2.5 to 3 metres, under-water length 4 metres and the length of visible portion over water was estimated as only 3 metres. He also reported that the length between each angle was 4 metres.
The Kaivarta pillar or Dibar stambha/pillar from up close.